IEEE-Fellow, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Wang received the BSEE degree from the Tsinghua University, China, the MSEE degree from the Chinese Academy of Science, and the PhD degree in EE from the State University of New York at Buffalo, in 1985, 1988 and 1996, respectively.
Wang was a Staff R&D Engineer at National Semiconductor Corporation in the Silicon Valley (1995-1998). From 1998 to 2007, he was an Assistant and Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). Since 2007, Wang has been a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California, Riverside (UCR), where he is Director for the Laboratory for Integrated Circuits and Systems (LICS), Co-Director for the SMIC-UCR-PKU Joint Center for ESD Protection Design (JointESD), and Director for the Center for Ubiquitous Communication by Light (UC-Light), which is University of California system-wide research center.
Wang's research interests center on RF/Analog/Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits (IC) and System-on-a-Chip (SoC), Integrated Design-for-Reliability (DfR) for ICs, 3D Heterogeneous Integration of non-Si Devices and ICs, IC CAD and Modeling, Emerging Nano Devices and Circuits, and LED-based Visible Light Communications (VLC) and Positioning (VLP). His research has been sponsored by the National Science Foundation and the global microelectronics industries.
Wang's teaching interests concentrate on semiconductor integrated circuits. He prefers to prepare students with both fundamental knowledge and industry-desired skills by challenging them with application-oriented problems and familiarizing them with industrial standard design methodology and tools.
Wang's academic credits include one book entitled “On-Chip ESD Protection for Integrated Circuits” (Kluwer, 2002), 240+ peer-reviewed papers and 13 US patents. Wang received the CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation, USA (2002), the Sigma Xi Award for Excellence in University Research (IIT) in 2003, Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research (UCR) and Best Student Paper Award from IEEE Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (2012). Wang was Editor for IEEE Electron Device Letters (EDL), Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS I), Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II (TCAS II), Guest Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (TED) and Guest Editor for IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits (JSSC). Wang is Jr. Past President (2016-2017) and was President (2014-2015) for IEEE Electron Devices Society. He was IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society and IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He is IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for IEEE Electron Devices Society. Wang was Chair for the IEEE Analog Signal Processing Technical Committee (ASPTC). Wang has been serving on numerous professional committees, such as, the IEEE VLSI Technology and Circuits Committee, the SIA International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductor (ITRS) committee, IEEE 5G Initiative Committee, etc. Wang was General Chair (2016) and TPC Chair (2015) for IEEE Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC). He has been serving for many IEEE conferences as Program co-Chair, Organization co-Chair, Steering Committee Member, TPC Member, Subcommittee Chair and Session Chair, e.g., IEDM, EDTM, BCTM, ASICON, IEDST, ICSICT, CICC, RFIC, APC-CAS, ASP-DAC, ISCAS, IPFA, ICEMAC, NewCAS, ISTC, IRPS, AP-RASC, MAPE, EDSSC, MIEL, etc. He speaks frequently at various industrial/academic/international forums and a frequent consultant to the IC industry. Wang is a Fellow of IEEE for contributions to design-for-reliability and system-on-chip. Wang is also an AAAS Fellow.
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
· Jr. Past President, IEEE Electron Devices Society (2016-2017)
· President, IEEE Electron Devices Society (2014-2015)
· Board of Governors Member, IEEE Electron Devices Society
· Committee Member, SIA International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductor (ITRS)
· Member, IEEE EDS VLSI Technology and Circuit Technical Committee
· Chair, IEEE CAS Analog Signal Processing Technical Committee
Board of Directors,
· Member, IEEE 5G Initiative Committee
· Committee services for many IEEE conferences.
· Editor, IEEE Electron Device Letters, 2003-2012
· Guest Editor, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Special Issues for IEEE BCTM, 2013.
· Guest Editor, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Special Issues for IEEE RFIC, 2009.
· Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, 2003-2013.
· Guest Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Special Issue on Integrated Circuit Technologies for RF Circuit Applications, 2005.
· Guest Editor, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Special Issues for IEEE CICC, 2004 & 2005
· Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 2003-2004.
· CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2002.
· Sigma Xi Award for Excellence in University Faculty Research, IIT, 2003.
Chunhui Outstanding Overseas Scholar Award,
the Ministry of Education,
· Distinguished Young Scholar (Overseas) Award, NSF of China, 2007.
· Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research, UCR, 2010
· Best Student Paper Award, IEEE RFIC Symposium, 2012
· Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society.
· Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Electron Devices Society.
· Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
· IEEE Fellow
· AAAS Fellow